Tuesday 16 March 2010

Nostalgia

Once a week, I stroll into the university bookstore after work to check out new arrivals and more importantly recharge exhausted energy and soul. Last week, I rambled the bookstore as usual. The new anthology (《新賣柑者言》) of Steven N.S. Cheung (張五常) caught my eyes. I picked it up and flipped to the content page. Nostalgia. It remind me of the good old days in high school and HKAL Economics more than a decade ago. Quite coincidentally a couple of weeks ago when I was browsing an interesting journal Journal of the History of Economic Thought two articles glittered in my eyes, one on George J. Stigler the other on Milton Friedman (both are Cheung's mentors) by David R. Kamerschen and Deepa J. Sridhar, and David Teira respectively. Again, it led me to recall some of the long forgotten economics concepts in HKAL most of which originate from the Chicago school.

David R. Kamerschen and Deepa J. Sridhar, "The Theory of [Competitive] Price According to George J. Stigler," Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Vol. 31, No. 2, June 2009, pp. 181-200.
David Teira, "Why Friedman's Methodology Did Not Generate Consensus among Economists,"Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Vol. 31, No. 2, June 2009, pp. 201-214.
John F. McDonald, "Graduate Education in Economics: Microeconomics at Chicago and Yale in the 1960s," Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Vol. 31, No. 2, June 2009, pp. 161-180.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

同感 ...

令我諗番起中學時代..