Monday 4 July 2011

my teenage dream...

After finishing the painstaking Bristol conference paper in a stuffy Saturday and stepping out of the one-mile neighbourhood to make the first tour to the high street in ten days' time in a sunny and breezing Sunday afternoon, I returned home and settled to listen to some Canton-pop 90s musics of a legend whose bold and entertaining songs should deserve more applauds than the unjust criticism he had received over the years. My schoolmates and I had used to make fun. But now I feel overwhelmingly enjoyable and sweet as to recall my teenage memories doing silly and stupid things while pretending to look cool. Then I laughed out loud to myself. After all, it's my teenage years and I grew up with it. Bitter but splendid.

---   ---   ---

I finished the painstaking Bristol conference paper in a stuffy Saturday. In a sunny and breezing Sunday afternoon I stepped out of the one-mile neighbourhood to make the first tour to the high street in ten days' time.
I returned home and settled to listen to some Canton-pop 90s musics of a legend whose bold and entertaining attempts, I think, should deserve more applauds than the unfair criticism he had received over the years.
My schoolmates and I had used to make fun of him and his songs. But now I feel overwhelmingly enjoyable and sweet as to recall my teenage memories doing stupid things while pretending to look cool.
Then I laughed out loud to myself. After all, it's my teenage years and I grew up with it. Bitter and splendid. 

No comments: